Job Title: Library Assistant II (Two Posts)
Employer: Ardhi University
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 31st Oct 2013
• Performs library and clerical duties e.g. handling of simple enquiries from readers, bibliographical searching, collection of Library statistics, etc.
• Handles simple enquiries from readers.
• Assists readers in bibliographical searching.
• Assists in collection of Library statistics.
• Assists in proper shelving of books and periodicals.
• Assists in manual operations in various sections of the library.
• Lends out and receipt of books.
• Assists in coping catalogues with CIP data.
• Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by one's reporting officer.
Qualification & Experience:
• Holder of Form IVNI Certificate with Diploma in Library and Information Studies from a recognized institution plus ICT skills; OR holder of Form IVNI Certificate in Library and Information Studies/successful completion of Certificate Library Examinations and working experience of at least three years in a similar position plus ICT skills.
Successful candidates will be offered attractive salaries within the PGSS scale.
Not above 45 years EXCEPT for the position of Director of Human Resource Management and Administration.
How to Apply:
General Requirements for All Applicants
All academic awards should be from recognized Universities and Institutions.
All applicants must submit Signed application letters accompanied with the following: i)
Copies of relevant academic and professional certificates;
ii) Three names and complete addresses of referees;
iii) Current CV
All applicants for academic posts should indicate in their application letter the name of the School to which they are applying.
Applications should reach the University by using the address below not later than two (2) weeks from the date of publication of this advertisement.
Prof. Eleuther A.M. Mwageni
The Deputy Vice Chancellor,
(Planning, Finance and Administration) Ardhi University,
P.O. Box 35176,
Dar es Salaam.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.