Job Title: Legal Officer
Employer: Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 1st Nov 2013
The Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) is a company limited by guarantee. It was established in 1996 to facilitate the Government's implementation of the ongoing economic reforms and facilitating the private as well as the public sector to raise capital. The role of the DSE in the economy is the mobilization of resources and directing them to the productive sectors of the economy. DSE also maintains a depository of database for listed equities and fixed income instruments.
DSE is looking for an ambitious, highly motivated, with high level of integrity and experience in legal and corporate finance law practices to fill the position of Legal Officer.
• Must be a mature person of not less than 30 years of age;
• Must have exposure in capital markets operations and reasonable knowledge of Stock Exchanges operations;
• Possession of legal technical skills;
• Possession of corporate finance law skills;
• Should have basic computer knowledge; and
• Fluent in both spoken and written English.
Education and Experience:
• Holder of Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B) from a recognized and reputable University; Having 3 years working experience in a large private or public institution;
• Registered as an Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania;
• Possession of a Masters Degree (LL.M) or a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out research on legal matters related to stock exchange operations; Participate in evaluation of applications for listing in the stock exchange;
• Interpret legal documents;
• Assist in preparing or reviewing contracts, leases, memorandums and other legal documents in order to safeguard the interest of the Exchange;
• Assist in organizing and servicing meetings of the Council of the Exchange;
• Assist in overseeing compliance to continuing listing obligations by listed companies; Assist in overseeing compliance by market intermediaries;
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned by Management.
• A successful candidate will be eligible for a competitive remuneration based on the DSE scales.
How to Apply:
Applications accompanied with copies of academic certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae with names and addresses of three referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange
14th Floor, Golden Jubilee Towers, Ohio Street
P.O. Box 70081
Dar Es Salaam
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.