Job Title: Legal Officer
Employer: Association of Tanzania Employers (ATE)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 12th Nov 2013
The Association of Tanzania Employers (ATE) formerly known as the Federation of Tanganyika Employers (FTE) is Tanzania's most Representative Employers' Organization. It was formed in 1960 to represent few private employers. ATE is registered and recognized under the Employment and Labour Relations Act (No.6 of 2004) as an Employers Trade Union in Tanzania. It now represents employers in all sectors of the national economy excluding the civil service. ATE, the Government and the Trade Unions form the Tripartite Forum, which addresses all industrial relations and labour related issues-at sectoral and national level.
ATE is an active member of national, regional, continental and international organizations like: Tanzania Private Sector Foundation (TPSF), East African Business Council (BABC), SADC Private Sector Forum, East African Employers Organization (EAEO), Business Africa and International Organization of Employers (IOE).
The Association has more than 1,200 registered members from all sectors of the national economy, of which 70% are based in Dar es Salaam and the remaining are scattered in regions of Tanzania Mainland. It has also a Zonal Office in Arusha at the New Safari Hotel to cater for members in Northern Tanzania.
The Association wants to further strengthen its Secretariat, and now invites applications from qualified Tanzanian Nationals for the position of a Legal Officer.
Duties and responsibilities;
• Advises Employers on Labour Laws and related legislation
• Assists Employers in collective bargaining and general management issues
• Represents Employers in Mediation, Arbitration, Labour Court and other institutions in accordance with the Labour Laws.
• Coordinates activities of the Divisions of Employers which are constituent parts of the Association as outlined in the Constitution.
• At least a degree in Laws
• Possession of a post graduate qualification is an added advantage;
• Registration as an Advocate;
• Knowledge of Labour Law is an added advantage;
• At least three years experience after internship;
• Must have good command of English Language;
• Must be results oriented and able to work independently under pressure;
• Must be capable of working within deadlines and has very good skills in preparing reports;
• Must be computer literate;
• Must be prepared to travel within and outside the country sometimes at short notice.
If your vision of a work environment includes respect for your ideas and colleagues who rank among the best, we encourage you to apply. We will offer an attractive salary, competitive benefits, and an attitude that encourages your professional growth.
How to Apply:
Please submit your detailed CV with cover letter and three names and addresses of referees to:
Association of Tanzania Employers,
IPS Building, 7th Floor, Azikiwe Street/Samora Avenue,
P.O Box 2971,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
ATE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.