Job Title: Course Trainer - (One Post)
Employer: Centre for Feminist Leadership
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 5th Nov 2013
Centre for Feminist Leadership is a gender training institute registered under National Accreditation Council for Technical Education (NACTE). The institute has been in existence since 1993 as a Training and Capacity Building programme of TGNP Mtandao . Since 1993, the institute, has provided transformative gender training and capacity development services based on animation/participatory approaches to TGNP Mtandao's networks; government officials in different levels/sectors; grassroots and community organizations; higher learning institutions; donor/development agencies; non-governmental institutions; faith-based organizations; and individuals. The training/capacity development services have been offered on regular and tailor made basis, residential and non residential. Since its establishment GTI has trained over 5000 people from all over the country and from the region.
GTI seeks to recruit suitable and qualified candidates for the vacant positions listed below. For all posts, we are looking for persons with:
a) Commitment to gender, women empowerment, social justice and human rights issues, b) Commitment to team work and participatory approaches
c) Motivation with strong interpersonal relations.
The advertised posts carry an attractive salary with fringe benefits. GTI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified Tanzanian citizens both women and men.
• Responsible for planning, coordinating and delivering of academic and short term courses and conducting research.
• Areas of specialty to include Gender Equality and equity, Policy analysis, Animation and participatory methodology, Organizing & Advocacy
Qualifications and experience:-
• A minimum of master's degree in social sciences with education background
• Ability to utilize participatory/animation methodology Minimum experience of 3 years in training field Readiness to work in feminist ideology
• Skill in material development.
• Skills and exposure to participatory facilitation and community animation.
• Demonstrate skills in preparing, delivering and assessing students work.
• Excellent organizational skills required; experience with project management tools and techniques preferred. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills required for interaction with faculty and staff, as well as subject matter experts.
• Problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Prioritize and meet agreed upon deadlines. Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Power Point skills. Gender and feminist analysis.
• Strong public-speaking skills.
How to Apply:
All applications supported by CV, a statement of not more than three pages on your experience related to the job you are seeking, and why you want to work in this position; two writing samples of up to five pages each; two reference letters and supporting documents to be submitted within three weeks from date of first appearance this advertisement.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and the youth are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be addressed to:
GTI: Centre for Feminist Leadership,
P.O. Box 8921,
Dar es Salaam,