Job Title: Human Resources Officer I
Employer: Musoma Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MUWASA)
Duty Station: Musoma
Application Deadline: 24th Oct 2013
Musoma Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MUWASA) is a utility established under section 9 of the Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 12 of 2009 with the objective of provision of water Supply and Sanitation Services in Musoma Municipality. In this respect, the activities of MUWASA have specifically expanded and the Authority now invites applications from suitably qualified and skilled individuals who are dynamic and result oriented to fill the following posts
Reporting Relationship: To the Finance and Administration Manager
Purpose and Scope
The successful candidate will be head of the Human Resources and Administration Section and shall be responsible for efficient and effective management of Human Resource and Administration matters of the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To conduct regular manpower surveys to ascertain strengths and weaknesses to facilitate planning and determine training needs;
• To organize on-the-job training programs
• To make periodic reviews of training programmes to establish their suitability and, where necessary, recommend changes;
• To give counsel to employees concerning training policy and available training opportunities;
• To assist in the preparation of manpower development plans, training budgets and in the preparation of manuals for special training programmes;
• To forecast manpower needs of MUWASA and identifies recruitment sources.
• To develop and maintain a personnel inventory record and files with a view to establishing a management information system in respect of staff in post and vacancies.
• To process recruitment and placement of staff for MUWASA.
• To review applications and prepares shortlist of suitable candidates for interviews.
• To liaising with trade union and labour office on matters related to industrial relations.
• To administer employee benefit entitlements.
• To carry out any other duties that may be assigned to him from time to time by his / her supervisor.
Qualification and Experience:
• Holders of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Sociology, Industrial Relations, Law, Manpower Planning, Management or equivalent qualifications with a relevant working experience of at least three years in the same field. He/she must be computer literate. Masters Degree in: Human Resources Management / Public Administration
• Working experience of at least 5 years in Human Resources department in a large or medium business organisation.
• Sound knowledge of Labour Laws
• Good Written and Communication Skills
• Must be computer literate with working knowledge of any Human Resources Application Software.
Age limit: Not above 45 years of age.
Attractive package and fringe benefits as per MUWASA's salary scale MUS E will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Only qualified persons should submit their handwritten letters of application with copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials. Applicants are also required to indicate the names and contacts of at least three (3) work/professional related referees.
The Managing Director,
Musoma Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P. O. Box 233,
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed for interview.