Job Title: Human Resources Officer – 1 Post
Employer: Mwananchi Communications Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 21st Oct 2013
Mwananchi Communications Limited, the publishers of the leading Tanzania newspapers, Mwananchi, Mwananchi Jumapili, Mwanaspoti, The Citizen and Sunday Citizen, are looking for highly motivated and experienced individuals to fill the positions of Human Resources Officer
• The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key result areas:
• Liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety.
• Recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
• Developing and implementing policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
• Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
• Negotiating with staff and their representatives (for example, trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions.
• Administering payroll and maintaining employee records.
• Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures.
• Developing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long- term staff requirements.
• Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Human Resources Management or Public Administration;
• Excellent communication skills in both English and Swahili.
• At least 3 to 5 years' working experience.
• Self motivated and result oriented.
How to Apply:
All interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact to:
Human Resources Manager
Mwananchi Communications Ltd
P. O. Box 19754,
Dar es Salaam.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.