Job Title: Head of Finance & Resources (Ref 2693)
Employer: The British Council – Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 11th Oct 2013
The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide. We call this work cultural relation. We are on the ground in six continents and over 100 countries bringing international opportunity to life, every day. Each year we work with millions of people, connecting them with the United Kingdom, sharing our cultures and the UK's most attractive assets: English, the Arts, Education and our ways of living and organising society. We have over 75 years experience of doing this.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation of the Finance, Facilities, HR and IT services provided by the Dar es Salaam office. The post holder will be accountable to the Country Director and to the Senior Management Team more widely for the successful management of resources within the British Council Tanzania Directorate.
Key requirements are:
• University Degree in a relevant field.
• ACCA or equivalent accounting qualification. Postgraduate degree is desirable.
• At least 5 years of previous experience in financial and general management in a multinational organization or development agency, or similar, at equivalent level.
• Demonstrable skill in the use of IT including accounting packages and Excel spread sheets.
• Fluency in written and spoken English (IEILTS 6.5 or equivalent)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Financial Planning: Ensure budgets are in line with country plan and strategy.
• Financial Management: Oversee the effective control of Cash/Cheque payments.
• Business Improvements: Oversee financial services delivery by contributing to the development of finance policies, and ensuring compliance with current legislation and best practice.
• Budget Monitoring and Management: Analyze monthly progress of actuals and forecasts to year-end against year-to-date and annual budgets.
• Context Analysis and Risk Management: Monitor the external and internal environments and analyze changes and developments in them.
• Human Resource Management: Oversee implementation of all policies and changes as directed by Essential HR/the regional HR team, following consultation with labor law advisers and local country management teams.
• Facilities Management: Oversee the provision of professional, cost-effective, quality contracted services for premises, maintenance, security and catering to provide a comfortable, healthy and safe working environment.
• Leadership and line management of Finance Manager and Administration and Resources Manager.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We work to ensure that people are not unjustifiably discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant grounds. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
How to Apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted