Employer: University Research Co (URC)
Duty Station: Kagera, Shinyanga
Application Deadline: 30th Nov 2013
• To lead small grants and procurement processes Specific responsibilities
• Assisting in the design, development and implementation of grants
• Monitoring and evaluation of grant management policies, procedures and practices
• Ensuring proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for sub-grants consistent with USAID and URC grant and procurement requirements
• Assuming responsibility and oversight of all local purchases, consistent with URC procurement policies and procedures.
• Graduate degree in Procurement, Grants procurement management, Business Administration (Procurement), or B Sc. (Procurement) Certified and registered by the Supplies & Procurement Board
• At least 5 years experience in procurement, grants, governmental or commercial accounting with emphasis on internal auditing or an equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
• Experience and knowledge of procurement policies and procedures of major donor agencies (especially USAID initiatives), as well as grants policies and procedures will be an advantage.
• Excellent communication skills and fluency in English and Kiswahili
How to Apply:
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested, please send an application letter with a detailed CV indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone number, names and address of three referees.
All correspondence should be sent to
The chief of Party,
URC regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
URC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a Non-Smoking Environment Policy