Job Title: Finance Officer
Employer: D-tree International
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 31st Oct 2013
Accounting & Human Resources:
• Ensure adherence to D-tree financial and HR policies/procedures as well as local employment laws
• Oversee and manage daily country-wide accounting and financial functions including: timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, payables, receivables
• Payroll Management (including preparation and submission as well as oversight for tax and social security administration)
• Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor country cash flow requirements in conjunction with program managers and country manager
• Maintain physical and electronic inventory
• Perform monthly general ledger accounting reconciliations and analysis ensuring accuracy of ledger and month end reporting in accordance with GAAP, organizational policy and donor regulations
• Coordinate general office operations: supply and equipment purchasing, office maintenance
• File management (HR, Accounting, Inventory, Consultant Contracts, Lease/Vendor Agreements)
• Other tasks as assigned by Country Director and/or Director of Finance and Administration
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor degree or AD in accounting
• Five or more years of progressive financial management experiences is required (international non-profit experience preferred)
• Proficiency in spoken and written English 2
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Demonstrated experience with accounting software
How to Apply:
To apply for this role please follow the instructions below. Applications which do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
Email the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Cover letter, clearly and concisely explaining how you meet each of the required skills and experience specified
2. Your current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume, showing your work history.
Interviews will be held: Week commencing 4th November 2013
Starting date (flexible): Week commencing 2nd December 2013
If you are not contacted by 4th November please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Due to the expected high level of interest in this role it will not be possible for us to contact those candidates who have not been shortlisted for interview.
Many thanks for your interest in D-tree International.
Visit our D-tree International website at http://www.d-tree.org for more information