Job Title: Field Manager
Employer: Intra Health
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 15th Oct 2013
• As a key member of staff, reporting to the Technical Director, the Field Manager will technically assist in the planning, organization, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the overall HIV Testing and Counseling services in Mara region. The position will be based in Dar Es Salaam.
• Essential Functions
• Provide technical programmatic support to HIV Testing and Counseling services, while ensuring compliance with the government, donor and project requirements and standards
• In collaboration with Regional and District Teams, oversee, supervise and manage performance of all sites implementing HIV Testing and Counseling services in his/her region and support district Teams in developing action plans for improved quality of services.
• Contribute to developing/updating joint implementation strategies with the Regional, district, Care and "Treatment partners at Regional level and facilitate joint supervision with stakeholders.
• Prepare annual Work plan, Budgets, district Performance Reports in consultation with Finance and M&E Team.
• Understand the M&E operational plan and ensure adherence to data management procedures. Effective plan and dissemination project progress during supervision and partner meetings
• Contribute to the development of abstracts and project fact in consultation with QA Advisor, support service providers in implementation of Quality services while applying national Quality Improvement guidelines. Conduct field visits to monitor the project related activities in his/her area of operation
• Maintain up-to date statistics and projects data for the Projects Performance Reporting
• Document best practices and lessons learnt in implementing the project
Education experience Requirements
• Medical degree or nursing with relevant public health experience or an advanced diploma in public health. Masters degree in a related field will be an added advantage
• Technical knowledge in current HIV/AIDS prevention strategies, FP/RH and Child Health
• Experience in HIV/AIDS interventions in Tanzania with a minimum of two years experience working in
• HIV/AIDS programs ""
• Experience in adult learning and training methodologies.
• Formally trained as a Trainer for either VCT, PMTCT, FANC, ART, STI, or FP
• Intimate knowledge, understanding and experience of the Ministry of Health structures and systems in Tanzania
• Knowledge of USG project management regulations and experience working with donor funded projects will be an added advantage
• Ability to work independently with strong problem solving skills Strong supervisory and/or management skills
• Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork, partnering and consensus building skills. Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Word, Microsoft power point and Microsoft Excel
• Strong written and verbal communications skills both in English and Kiswahili required.
• Be prepared to travel in support of project activities for about 40% of his/her time.
How to Apply:
Application letter with detailed CV, indicating daytime telephone numbers, email address, names and contact information of two referees should be sent by email to e-mail link above with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 15th October; 2013.0nly short listed candidates will be contacted.
"Intra Health International is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer".