Job Title: Event and Public Relations Volunteer
Duty Station: Moshi
Application Deadline: 25th Nov 2013
• Survey the industry for potential fundraising event ideas and adopt them.
• Develop events plan, and coordinate all activities such as venue scouting, guest invitations, event publicity, logistics, entertainment, décor and event running.
• Develop event budgets and ensure events do not go over budget. Also ensure a high return on investment by keeping event costs low.
• Monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
• Work with the fundraising coordinator to secure sponsorships and partners.
• Supervise the events team to ensure activities run according to plan.
• Keep inventory of event materials such as banners, projectors, laptops, registry, etc.
• Support the programme team in running campaigns and other community events.
• Other activities as requested by supervisor.
Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent organizational skills in developing plans and working with the set plan.
• Good communication skills; both verbal and written.
• Enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated
• Good understanding of the entertainment and social scene in Moshi and Arusha.
• Good supplier networks, music bands, artists, venue managers and other event suppliers.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision.
• Ability to adapt to pressure driven surroundings
• Basic computer proficiency in Ms. Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Creative design skills an added advantage, but not required.
• Previous experience in events planning
How to Apply:
Send your CV to:
Human Resource Officer
P.O. Box 9601 Moshi-Kilimanjaro
Mkombozi is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest, but due to the volume of applications received, only those who are short-listed will be contacted.