Job Title: Director General
Employer: Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 8th Nov 2013
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is a regulatory authority established under section 4 of the EWURA Act, Cap. 414. The Chairman of EWURA Nomination Committee is hereby advertising the post of the Director General of EWURA.
• A person shall not be qualified for appointment as a Director General unless he/she: is a graduate of a recognised university;
• Possesses at least ten years experience in one or more of the fields of management, law, economics, finance or engineering;
• Has knowledge and experience of the regulated sector utilities;
• Has satisfied the Board that he is unlikely to have a conflict of interest under section 12; is willing to serve as Director General;
• Is, in the opinion of the Board, otherwise well suitable to perform the functions and duties of a Director General competently and honestly.
• Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Director General Will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Authority subject to the directions of the Board. Specifically he/she will be responsible for the following:
• To oversee effective and efficient implementation of provisions of EWURA Act, legislations relevant to Regulated Sectors and other such laws, rules and regulations;
• To provide direction and leadership towards achievement of the Authority's Vision, Mission, business strategy, annual goals and objectives;
• To advise and inform the Board on Regulated Sector; support activities and other matters;
• To oversee designing, promotion and delivery of quality products and services by the Authority;
• To prudently manage the Authority's resources within approved budget guidelines, policies, laws and regulations;
• To ensure that the Authority consistently presents strong and positive image to stakeholders and the general public;
• To maintain cost-effective operational environment for motivating employees for optimal performance, and To undertake any other duties as assiqned by the Board of Directors.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit their applications with detailed CV stating your current position, e-mail address, telephone contacts, three names of referees and copies of relevant certificates and two current passport size photographs.
Applications should be clearly marked "Director General of EWURA" on top of the envelop and be addressed to The Chairman of the Nomination Committee (EWURA), who is-the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Water using the address:
EWURA Nomination Committee Ministry of Water
Ubungo Maji, along Morogoro Road, Opposite Tanesco HQ
P.O Box 9153,
Dar es salaam