Job Title: Deputy Rector Planning, Finance and Administration (DRPFA)
Job Ref: TRA-DRPFA/10/13
Employer: Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 25st Oct 2013
To assist the Rector in all matters related to general administration, human resources, legal and financial matters of the Institute
• Managing the Planning, Finance and Administration Division of the Institute;
• Recommending and implementing procedures for the enforcement of policies on staff matters, students' welfare, procurement, finance, estates management and office services;
• Ensuring adherence to accounting policies and procedures of the Institute,
• Preparing and submitting budgets, and audited accounts in keeping with approved financial standards and guidelines; Supervising and maintaining acceptable standards of discipline of staff according to the Labour Laws and Tanzania Revenue Authority Staff Regulations;
• Assisting on the identification of staff training needs and preparing a long term capacity building plans for approval;
• Facilitating learning (by teaching) of academic programmes in the institution;
• Acting as a recorder to the Governing Council; and
• Performing any other duties assigned by the Rector.
Key Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
• Higher academic standing (Senior Lecturer or above) preferably in Taxation, Customs, Economics, Law, Business Administration, Management or related field;
• Eight (8) years of relevant working experience four (4) of which should be at managerial level
• Outstanding academic and administrative experience and capability in the area of technical education and training in Taxation,
• Customs, Economics, Law, Business Administration, Management or related fields.
Terms of Employment:
The Deputy Rector Planning, Finance and Administration shall be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
However, the incumbent shall hold office for a term of four (4) years and may be re-appointed consecutively for one more term of four (4) years.
On successful completion of two (2) terms the incumbent will perform teaching activities as Senior Lecturer or above as will be appropriate.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV, photocopies of academic certificates and testimonials, names of three referees with their contacts.
In addition, please state your current position, e-mail and telephone contacts, quoting reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic applications please quote the job reference number on the subject of your email. Applications should be submitted to the address below.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the job will be negotiated with the right candidate.
Executive Selection Division
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue
P.O. Box 1559
Dar es Salaam,