Job Title: Deputy Rector Academic, Research and Consultancy (DRARC)
Job Ref: TRA-DRARC/1013
Employer: Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 25th Oct 2013
To assist the Rector in all matters related to teaching, research and consultancy functions of the Institute.
• Advising the Rector on all matters pertaining to academic management, quality control and assurance, research and consultancy Recommending and implementing annual plan and budget for academic operations;
• Ensuring adherence to all approved academic policies and procedures by the academic staff, students and other stakeholders in relation to admissions, teaching, examinations, award of certificates and training evaluation;
• Recommending and implementing strategies and operational plans on training, research and consultancy activities; Coordinating the development and establishment of academic programmes;
• Updating and maintaining the database for approved curricula of the Institute and management of academic resources; Evaluating current progress of academics in the Institute and recommending future programmes;
• Providing information on available programmes to various stakeholders as required;
• Ensuring smooth running and development of academics in the Institute;
• Assisting the Rector in respect of such matters of technical education, administration and delivery; Facilitating learning (by teaching) of academic programmes in the Institute; and
• Performing any other duties assigned by the Rector.
Key Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
• Higher academic standing (Senior Lecturer or above) preferably in Taxation, Customs, Economics, Law, Business Administration from a recognized academic institution Management or related field;
• Eight (8) years of relevant working experience four (4) of which should be at managerial level;
• Outstanding academic and administrative experience and capability in the area of technical education and training in Taxation, Customs, Economics, Law, Business Administration, Management or related fields.
• Terms of Employment:
• The deputy Rector of the Institute shall be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
• However, the incumbent shall hold office for a term of four (4) years and may be re-appointed consecutively for one more term of five (4) years.
• On successful completion of two (2) terms the incumbent will perform teaching activities as a Senior lecturer or above as will be appropriate.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV, photocopies of academic certificates and testimonials, names of three referees with their contacts.
In addition, please state your current position, e-mail and telephone contacts, quoting reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic applications please quote the job reference number on the subject of your email. Applications should be submitted to the address below
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the job will be negotiated with the right candidate.
Executive Selection Division
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue
P.O. Box 1559
Dar es salaam,