Job Title: Data Entry and Management
Employer: Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 28st Oct 2013
Main Purposes of the Job:
To act as the custodian of all programme data through updating the database on daily basis to ensure that all collected information is captured and properly stored for use whenever is needed.
• Manage all data systems at LHRC M&E Unit
• Develop and/or manage and maintain LHRC M&E databases
• Design and prepare reports based on management requirements
• Develop data management training guides and information manuals for use by all levels of staff and stakeholders
• Train and mentor LHRC stakeholders in the use of the database information
• Ensure safe keeping of all LHRC M&E data
• Create and maintain contacts with (actual and potential) information and data partners by participating in meetings and forums relating to monitoring and evaluation
• Provide data and information to LHRC staff, management, consultants, partners and other interested parties as per instruction from management
• Develop protocols for data dissemination and access
• Establish access to the M&E database through the LHRC website
• Make sure that all key information products (reports, etc.) and related information are timely available on the LHRC Unit website
• Bachelor's Degree, or an equivalent, in computer science and/or statistics
• Advanced programming knowledge in MS Access, Visual Basic and SQL Server
• Experience in data management of' a large data system
• Experience and skills in the following areas would be a strong advantage: statistics; demography; research design & monitoring and evaluation
Skills, Abilities, Qualities and Attitude:
• Superior communication skill and human relations, ability to write good reports and publications, familiarity with legal issues in the country and organization, excellent computer skills, Professionalism, excellent interpersonal skills, sensitive, inspiring confidence, command respect and sociable.
Terms of Employment
• 4 years, serving initially for one-year probation.
• Renewable contracts but subject to positive performance appraisal.
How to Apply:
Both positions carry attractive salary and fringe benefits as per LHRC Scheme of services and commensurate with candidate's qualifications and experience.
To apply for both positions use the following address:
Legal and Human Rights Centre, Justice Lugakingira House, Kijitonyama,
P.O. Box 75254,
Dar Es Salaam,
Your application should include a full CV with at least three referees with their contacts details (telephone numbers, emails and postal addresses).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.