Job Title: Counselor - 2 Posts
Employer: Baylor International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI)
Duty Station: Mbeya
Application Deadline: 29th Oct 2013
To provide HIV/AIDS related counseling to children and their care providers attending the COE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide HIV/AIDS related counseling and support which includes pre-and post diagnostic test counseling, medication adherence, disclosure and oc-qolnq counseling to COE patients and their care providers
• To create and maintain individualized patient counseling records and other relevant counseling documentation
• To provide education and technical assistance to health care workers regarding HIV/AIDS related counseling issues
• To identify cases for referral and discuss with other members of COE care and treatment team to enhance patient care
• To support patients and their care providers in developing problem solving skills which will lead to improved wellbeing
• To provide clinical nursing care in COE as needed
• Providing education to medical trainees regarding pediatric and general HIV/AIDS care
• Providing technical assistance to health care providers in pediatric and general HIVIAIDS prevention, diagnosis,
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Counseling Psychology
• Two years of relevant' professional work experience.
• Ability to supervise and interact with children or teenagers, assisting with their problems and ensuring their physical and emotional needs are being met Ability to relate to and empathize with a range of people
• Good team working skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Sensitive listening and questioning skills
• Additional Skills:
• Ability to cope with emotionally demanding situations l. Multicultural Consultation
• Problem Solving & Analysis
• Fluency in written English and Kiswahili
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a detailed curriculum vitae with a cover letter describing their adequacy and suitability for the role.
The application should be written in English, with the subject line indicating your full name and the job title. Please send your CV and covering letter to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation - Mbeya
P. O. Box 2663,
You can hand deliver it to our offices near Loleza Secondary School Mbeya, we are in the Mbeya Referral Hospital compound.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted