Employer: Dodoma Christian Medical Centre Trust (DCMC Trust)
Duty Station: Dodoma
Application Deadline: 4th Nov 2013
Qualifications and Experience:
• Doctor of Medicine with specialization in paediatric/child health and registered with the relevant authorities.
• At least two years' experience in the same position
• A Post graduate degree in public health is an added advantage
Duties and responsibilities:
• Acts as the team lead of the RCH unit and make daily ward rounds to assess patients in the RCH unit
• Responsible for responses to all inpatients and outpatient paediatric patients including referral requests.
• Responsible for establishing and running an efficient neonatal unit
• Instructor of junior doctors and other medical personnel including interns; students and clinical officers on paediatric management Develops and directs paediatric treatment guidelines in coordination with paediatric nursing coordinator/supervisor Prepare reports for government and management of birth, death and disease statistics, or medical status if individuals.
• Ensuring provision of high quality clinical services within the RCH unit and adherence to National laws, Guidelines and protocols for medical practice in Tanzania.
• Ensure provision of an efficient immunisation clinic at the DCMC Ensure 24 hours coverage of clinical services at the RCH unit Represents the RCH department in routine and standard staff meetings. . Prepares monthly/quarterly and biannual reports of the RCH unit Advises the Executive Medical Officer on regular and continual basis of status and concerns of the RCH department
• Carry any other duties as may be assigned by Executive medical officer services.
How to Apply:
Send a letter of application, copies of your academic certificates and a detailed CV with at least three referees
Via postal address to:
Executive Medical Officer
Dodoma Christian Medical Centre Trust