Job Title: Communications and Fundraising Volunteer
Duty Station: Moshi
Application Deadline: 25th Nov 2013
• Produce daily social media updates, monitor conversations around child rights and grow social media reach both in Tanzania and internationally.
• Manage e-newsletter programme – producing monthly updates in coordination with FCC
• Update website as needed (www.mkombozi.org)
• Design graphically appealing print and online materials such as brochures, reports and promotional items
• Manage online fundraising platforms CrowdRise and JustGiving and develop new ideas and ways to implement crowdfunding abroad.
• Provide photography and videography assistance when needed during events or donor visits
• Assist Fundraising & Communications Coordinator and programme teams in planning events and promotional needs
• Research and assist in preparing grants for corporate and institutional donors
Skills and Competencies:
• University Degree (or in the process of completing) in communications, marketing, public relations or other relevant field.
• At least 1 year of experience working in the filed of communications, preferably with an NGO.
• Excellent communications skills; both verbal and written.
• Fluency in English is required; knowledge of Swahili (or willingness to learn) is desirable.
• Enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision.
• Ability to adapt to pressure driven surroundings.
• Ability to understand the scope and reasons for Mkombozi’s work and to convey this to potential donors through writing on the web, in publications and on social media.
• Photoshop, Fireworks (or similar programme) experience.
• Desired by not required: Knowledge of HTML, Joomla, Dreamweaver, and/or e-newsletter platforms. Video editing and photography experience is also desirable.
How to Apply:
Send your CV to:
Human Resource Officer
P.O. Box 9601 Moshi-Kilimanjaro
Mkombozi is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest, but due to the volume of applications received, only those who are short-listed will be contacted.