Job Title: Chief Accountant
Employer: Rook Consultants Limited
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 11th Oct 2013
Roles and responsibilities
• Reviewing of all the accounting records and conducting analysis of financial information
• Reviewing the companies’ IFRS compliant financial statements including the statement of financial position, statement of comprehensive income, statement of changes in equity and statement of cash flows and the corresponding notes
• Reviewing the companies’ financial projections on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Ensuring the companies’ tax affairs are properly handled
• Liaising with external parties on matters relevant to finance e.g. the Tanzania Revenue Authority, external auditors, tax advisors etc.
• Supervising and ensuring compliance with the companies’ accounting manual and policies
• Coaching and training staff in the finance/accounting department
• This is a senior position requiring professional qualification and relevant working experience.
• The Applicant should have a degree in accounting, a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent qualification and at least five (5) years of relevant working experience.
• In addition the applicant should have the ability to work independently without supervision, should be hard working, able to lead teams and a person of high integrity.
How to Apply:
If you are ambitious to take this senior role and you meet the above qualification requirements, please email your detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: email@example.com