Employer: Aga Khan University
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline: 15th Nov 2013
• Implement the curriculum as approved by curriculum committee and National Nursing jurisdiction where necessary. Actively participate in the body of nursing knowledge through research and publication.
• Ensure the quality of clinical learning opportunities for the various programmes (e.g. securing learning sights, MOU's etc)
• Initiate and maintain collaborations with clinical facilities.
• Teach in class room and clinical areas as assigned by Academic Head. Monitor theoretical and clinical teaching activities
• Continuously improve the quality of own practice.
• Actively participate in the management and administrative activities of the University.
• Provide academic support to students and colleagues. E.g. supervise and evaluate (peer-review) faculty performance as required; monitor faculty teaching and clinical hours to determine fair distribution of teaching loads.
• To keep abreast of his/her academic discipline including nursing practice.
• Actively contribute to the development of the nursing profession nationally and regionally.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Academic Head/Dean.
• Prepare a master plan of clinical placements for students and disseminate as required.
• Plan and/or assist with AKUSONAM ceremonies and functions pertaining to academic and social events. Work with curriculum committee to improve courses based on feedback received.
• Orient new teachers to the programme and give necessary support and guidance.
• Compile all academic results and clinical evaluations at the end of the term, within given deadlines.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum of MSc Nursing or preferably PhD in related areas Minimum of 3 years teaching experience, as a Lecturer Expertise in relevant nursing field
• A required record of research and publications
• Experience with curriculum and course development an added advantage Diploma or Certificate in education or its equivalent
• Current Registration with the Nursing Regulatory Body
• Good interpersonal/communication skills
• Must be familiar with word processing software and have a basic understanding of computers and their application in an academic setting .
• Ability to teach through a variety of strategies to effectively engage students in learning. Good organization skills
• Counselling skills
• Competency in specialized field of nursing
How to Apply:
For Application and Submission Details please send your application, an updated CV and testimonials, including the names, postal and e-mail addresses, telephone/fax numbers of two professional references, addressed to:
Human Resources Office,
AKU - TIHE
P.O. Box 125,
Dar es Salaam; Fax (+255) (0)22 2150875
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.