Job Title: Assistant Accountant - 1 post
Employer: MIHAMBOS Technologies & General Supply Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 30th Oct 2013
• Advanced Diploma or Diploma in accountancy preferably Intermediate level (Module D) from NBAA.
• Working experience of not less than three (3) years in a known organization.
• Good Knowledge in basic mathematics
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili in both written and spoken
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills and maintain effective working relationships.
• Knowledge of using spreadsheets and database software.
• Must have Computer knowledge - Extensive technical knowledge on various software, hardware and networks. (Familiarity with MS office and Oracle)
• Ability to record financial information and create consolidated financial statements.
• Have a working knowledge of production accounting software, general computer literacy and the ability to work in a team.
• Must be able to produce financial statements in a computerized system on monthly, quarterly and annual basis accounts.
• Knowledge of new automated systems of accounting a plus.
• Should be highly organized and be able to work with minimum supervision.
• Put together details of daily income/sales and perform daily journal entry
• Verify daily deposits of sales receipts and make sure they correctly entered into the book.
• Prepare the monthly bank reconciliations
• Prepare authorized refund vouchers
• Compile reports on monthly basis
• Check out and collect returned items
• Maintain account of returned check
• Maintain chargeback account
• Put together balance sheet schedules each month
• Maintaining accurate spreadsheets
• Checking employee payments including salary, commission bonus etc.
• Controlling the credit of the business
• Working with and maintaining sales and purchase ledgers
• Handling insurance and tax returns and posting journals
• Managing the accountants office
• Preparing statutory accounts
• Any other duties as assigned by the Management.
How to Apply:
Forward your application letter together with copies of your certificates & CV, a colored passport size, with three referees, to:
MIHAMBOS Technologies & General Supply Limited
P.O. Box 107,
NOTE: All the positions require the candidates;
I. To stay in Urambo (or Tabora Municipal)
II. To indicate when you would be available to start the job, and your current salary
level and expectations.
III. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.