Job Title: Assistant Accountant (Part Time Post)
Employer: Medical Laboratory Scientists Association of Tanzania (MeLSAT)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th Oct 2013
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Tanzanian with a Diploma in accountancy preferably Intermediate level (Module D) from NBAA.
• Must have a working experience of not less than three (3) years in a known organization.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili in both written and spoken
• Should be highly organized and be able to work with minimum supervision.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills and maintain effective working relationships.
• Must have Computer knowledge - Extensive technical knowledge on various software hardware and networks. (Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel.)
• Ability to record financial information and create consolidated financial statements.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively with highly skillful at suggesting feasible time and prompt solutions.
• Have a working knowledge of production accounting software, general computer literacy and the ability to work in a team.
• Perform the technical guidance to guide the association in building up a strong association network, to implement the MeLSAT Strategic plans.
• Work on part-time, approximately 16 hours a week. Must be able to produce financial statements in a computerized system on monthly, quarterly and annual basis accounts.
• Prepare and maintain the proper books of Accounts
• Prepare the monthly bank reconciliations
• Maintain the data on all MeLSAT members, process and tracks membership payments to ensure compliance of all members.
• The position carries a very attractive and competitive salary.
How to Apply:
All application to include three Referees should be accompanied with Curriculum vitae and copies of certified certificates and transcripts to be submitted to:
The Executive Secretary,
Medical Laboratory Scientists Association of Tanzania,
Dar Es Salaam,
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after the application deadline you can assume that your application is not successful.