Job Title: Administrative & Logistic Officer
Employer: Aga Khan Foundation
Duty Station: Mtwara
Application Deadline: 18th Oct 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership to all procurement functions for CRSPT in Lindi and Mtwara, ensuring procurements are done within policy and according to agreed standards for timeliness and quality.
• Assist the Programme Director to manage the day to day administration of the office.
• Lead the process of sourcing credible suppliers and vendors for goods and services in close partnership with the Finance office, CRSPT management and Procurement committee. This includes sourcing quotations, submitting tender documents, analyzing supplier bids etc in line with AKF and donor policies and standards.
• Proactively lead negotiations with suppliers and vendors to ensure value-for-money procurements are done in a transparent manner and maintain appropriate relationships with suppliers that exemplify the highest standards of accountability and credibility. Ensure all suppliers have up-to-date contracts in place prior to sourcing goods or services from them and that they remain updated.
• Lead or participate in a price survey of most commonly procured goods and services to ensure market trends are identified and AKF maintains competitive purchasing
• Manage and maintain a procurement and suppliers database that tracks the progression of all purchases and suppliers.
• Ensure all logistic arrangements are done on time for all visitors to CRSPT program in Lindi and Mtwara
• Provide supervision and oversight to the Driver/Logistics position and the Secretary/Administration position, ensuring their functions are well understood, organized and executed on time and with the highest level of professionalism and service.
• Oversee administration function which includes logistics, Procurement, Assets and inventory management, Contracts/Leases, Insurances, HR, Security and IT for the CRSPT Offices.
• Responsible for the establishment, maintenance and oversight of all office records, ordering and maintenance of office equipment, furniture and supplies.
• Ensure that all the purchases are in accordance with AKF Tanzania and donor procurement policies.
• Ensure that proper records were maintained for office expenditures, receipts, purchase orders and Quote evaluation etc. according to AKF Tanzania and donor policies.
• Facilitate the bid evaluation submitted by potential suppliers.
• Ensure safety and maintenance of all office equipments and premises.
• Manage the project fleet of Cars and motorcycle and ensure coordinated use according to organization policies and priorities.
• Assist Programme Director on the implementation of the administrative policies and procedures.
• Submit a monthly report to Program Director on Administration and logistics matters.
• Any other task assigned by Program Director based on organizational need
• The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of the work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Establish work schedules and ensure their effective implementation in the Administration Office.
• Assign work to subordinates and train them in work procedures and methods.
• In coordination with HR officer and Programme Director administer discipline, handle employee relations matters in accordance with AKF Personnel Manual Policy and Human Resource Policies, Guidelines and Procedures.
• Encourage employees to meet established standard of job performance and to be have sensibly and safely at work.
• Assist Programme Director to provide a work environment that allows employees to air grievances and criticism and deal with complaints quickly, justly and harmoniously.
• Assist Programme Director to identify problems, gather the facts and set an objective and find solutions for them.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for three professional references, Copies of certificates and a one page covering letter explaining why they are best suited for the particular position to: Human Resource Officer, Aga Khan Foundation ( CRSPT), P.O. Box 1105 Mtwara, Tanzania or by e-mail to the link above>email@example.com.
Please note :
The title of the position applied for should be marked on the envelope or subject of the email
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.