Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Employer: Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative
Duty Station: Shinyanga
Application Deadline: 1st Nov 2013
• Ensure good relationship between the Organization and the public in person, over the phone, and through e-mails when interacting with or visiting the Shinyanga Office.
• Maintain reception information/literature.
• Keep the reception area tidy and welcoming during office hours.
• Ensure Shinyanga Office Access Procedures are followed at all times.
• Liaise with the Logistics Assistant in distribution of official mails.
• Acknowledge receipt of all incoming mails, register the same and channel to responsible official for action.
• Administer incoming and outgoing documents and parcel couriers
• Maintain and control office supply, stationery, and kitchen supplies for Shinyanga office.
• Oversee and facilitate hotel, transport logistics and other travel needs for AGPAHI Staff and official visitors.
• Organize and assist with travel arrangements for all official travelers
• Manage key vendor relationships with local hotels and Travel Agency
Property and Equipment Management
• Oversee the use and maintenance of the office equipment including the photocopier, fax, binding machine to ensure that they are in working order and arrange for their repair and maintenance as needed.
• Oversee proper running of utilities for the building such as electricity water and proper function of telephone lines.
• Oversee and manage the cleaning of the building and the surrounding.
• Manage safety and security of the building and assets.
• Ensure Shinyanga Office storerooms are organized and clean.
• Liaise with Regional Admin Staff to ensure standard Admin policies and procedures are implemented in each office.
• Assess Admin policies and procedures on an on-going basis to identify and propose new policies or changes as needed, in addition to monitoring the implementation of existing Admin policies to ensure they are being properly adhered to.
• Any other relevant duties as assigned by Finance & Administration Officer
Qualifications, Skills and ability
• Educational background relevant to fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities as described above(University/college degree on related field is required)
• 2-3 years’ experience as an Office Administrator.
• Previous experience in working with NGO sector is required.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• High quality written & oral communication ability
• Strong supervisory skills
• Strong computer literacy
How to Apply:
AGPAHI is an equal opportunities employer and these positions are open to all, but ONLY qualified candidate should submit a CV and a cover letter to support your eligibility for advertised posts. Documents submitted electronically should have the candidates name as well as post applying for. For more information about each advertised position please send request through email address below.
Submissions may be sent to:
Executive Director, AGPAHI
P.O. BOX 38252
Plot 373, Mtitu Street,
Dar es Salaam,