Job Title: Accountant Grade II
Employer: Musoma Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MUWASA)
Duty Station: Musoma
Application Deadline: 25th Oct 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To carry out prepayments, examine invoices, bills and other claims of petty cash accounts;
• To make summaries of cash receipts and maintains the cash receipts book with daily balances;
• To respond to all internal and external audit queries accurately within a specified time;
• To make follow-ups of direct payments through the bank while ensuring that credit advice forms are properly filed;
• To prepare monthly Trial Balances;
• To perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisors. vii. To make timely payment of taxes, salaries, imprests, creditors and statutory contributions in order to avoid surcharge and penalties.
• To make timely and safe collection of water and sewerage revenues and deposit them into bank accounts;
Qualification and Experience:
• Holders of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, Finance, or Business Administration (majoring in Accountancy or Finance) from Institutes of higher learning.
• Knowledge of accounting packages and computer literate is an added advantage. At least two years experience in accounting/finance field
Age Limit: Not above 45 years of age.
Attractive package and fringe benefits as per MUWASA Salary Scale: MUS- 0, will be offered to the successful candidate,
How to Apply:
Only qualified persons should submit their handwritten letters of application with copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials. Applicants are also required to indicate the names and contacts of at least three (3) work/professional related referees.
The Managing Director,
Musoma Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P. O. Box 233,
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed for interview.