Job Title: A Member of EWURA CCC
Employer: Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 8th Nov 2013
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority - Consumer Consultative Council (EWURA CCC) is a Council established under Section 30 of the EWURA Act, Cap. 414.
In carrying out its functions under the Act, EWURA CCC shall:
Represent the interests of consumers by making submissions to, providing views and information to and consulting with the Authority, Minister, and sector Ministers;
Receive and disseminate information and views on matters of interest to consumers of regulated goods and services;
Establish regional and sector consumer committees and consult with them;
Consult with industry, the government and other consumer groups on matters of interest to consumers of regulated goods and services; and
Establish local and sector consumer committees and consult with them.
EWURA CCC is constituted by not less than six members nor more than ten members appointed from amongst a list of the business community or by organization(s) legally recognized as being representative of private sector interests.
The Chairman of the Nomination Committee who is also the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Water hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to apply for the vacant post of EWURA CCC member.
• Consumers and that of the regulated services;
• Low income, rural and disadvantaged persons;
• Industrial and business users and
• Government and community organizations.
• Be a graduate of a recognized University or equivalent;
• Have at least (10) years experience in one or more of the fields of engineering, management, law, economics, mass communication, sociology or finance;
• Have knowledge of the energy, water or utility regulation industry;
• Is not a leader in a political party;
• Have satisfied the Nomination Committee that he/she is unlikely to have a conflict of interest;
• Is willing and available to serve as member of the EWURA CCC; and
• Is in the opinion of the Nomination Committee, otherwise suitable to perform the functions and duties of a member competently and honestly.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit their applications with detailed CV stating your current position, e-mail address, telephone contacts, three names of referees and copies of relevant certificates and two current passport size photographs.
Applications should be clearly marked "Director General of EWURA" on top of the envelop and be addressed to The Chairman of the Nomination Committee (EWURA), who is-the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Water using the address:
EWURA Nomination Committee Ministry of Water
Ubungo Maji, along Morogoro Road, Opposite Tanesco HQ
P.O Box 9153,
Dar es salaam