Job Title: Weighbridge Operator - (Eight Posts)
Employer: Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS)
Duty Station: Morogoro
Application Deadline: 25th Sept 2013
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TAN ROADS) is a Semi Autonomous, Agency under the Ministry of Works established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland's trunk and regional roads network. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and axle load control the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
• Holder of full Technician Certificate in Civil Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (FTC), (Higher qualification will be advantageous);
• Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer
• Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages;
• Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
• Not above 35 years of age
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
• Carrying out activities as described in the Road Traffic (maximum Weight of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 which include the following:
• Weighing Motor Vehicles Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) > 3.500kg plying on our public Roads;
• Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded motor vehicles;
• Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for determining compliance or non- compliance with vehicle dimension limits by the transporter for provision of relevant advice; Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
• Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
• Reporting all matters of the respective shift to the Shift In-charge; performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Shift In-charge / Regional Manager.
How to Apply:
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their applications in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant education and professional certificates, together with names of two referees and their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses:
P. O. Box 91,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.