Job Title: Vocational Teacher in Electrical Installation (One Post)
Employer: Vocational Education and Training Authority (VETA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 17th Oct 2013
Position and Required Qualifications
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Must have completed form IV
• Must possess a Diploma or FTC certificate in Electrical studies Possession of Vocational Teaching Certificate is an added advantage;
• Must have at least 3 years practical working experience in the relevant field, Candidate must have 30 years of age.
Attitudes and Competencies:
• Use of machines, standing for long hours awkward/difficult position/postures; Must be able to prepare Technical reports;
• Must be' fluent in both Kiswahili and English;
• Must demonstrate diplomacy in communicating with Trainees;
• Prepare practical training schemes and plans
• To prepare Practical learning environment and deliver practical training to apprentices as per' required performance standards.
• To prepare and deliver related knowledge lessons to back-up apprentices assimilation of practical competences.
• To assess apprentices "continuously maintain assessment records and prepare reports on their progress.
• Guide apprentices on the safe use of tools and equipment.
• Ensure workshop safety and accident prevention.
• Employment Terms:Three (3) Years terms of contract
How to Apply:
Application letters enclosed with CVs indicating names and addresses of three referees, copies of relevant academic transcripts and certificates should be addressed to the undersigned.
Only applicants with required qualification for these posts will be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
"VETA is an equal opportunity organization, women are highly encouraged to apply."
The Director General,
Vocational Education and Training Authority,
P. O. Box 2849,
Dar Es Salaam.