Job Title: Transport Manager – 2 Post
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 5th Sept 2013
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Tracks loading and offloading according to the load time
• Prepare trucks for refuel and load aggregate
• Make sure all trucks are serviced
• Train drivers on how to maintain safety and health
• Prepare monthly report for fuel and trips of aggregates for the payment
• Plan, organize and manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
• Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer complaint
• Implement schedule and policy changes.
• Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking transportation vehicles and cars
• Responsible for getting the right products in the right quantities, to the right locations all at the right time.
• In charge of the day to day operations of the transport department.
• Efficiently managing a team of drivers and vehicles.
• Responsible for all of the dispatching, routing, and tracking of delivery vehicles.
• Dispatching complex and oversized goods to national and international destinations.
• Ensuring company compliance of all transport policies, legislation and procedures
• Managing, monitoring and developing a team of drivers and line managers.
• Involved in strategic development and strategy making.
• Being the first point of contact for all drivers.
• Making sure that all transport fleet vehicles are properly maintained and serviced.
• Arranging for the induction and training off all new staff.
• Regularly liaising with the delivery manager to ensure a smooth running of both departments.
• Developing and nurturing customer relationships.
• Maintaining accurate administrative records.
• Organizing vehicle checks.
• Identifying operational issues, potential problems and opportunities.
• Resolving and managing queries and complaints courteously and efficiently.
• Appraising staff performance and also taking disciplinary measures when required.
• Ensuring all site and customer objectives are achieved.
• And all other duties assigned by the management
Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor degree or advanced diploma in transportation and logistics management or related field
• A masters degree in management is added advantage
• Minimum experience -3 - 4 years progressive experience in similar position of transportation manager
Attractive Package will be offered to the best candidate
How to Apply:
Send your Cv,Relevant Certificates, to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.