Job Title: Training Development Officer
Employer: The Guardian Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 9th Oct 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To work closely with departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
• To liaise with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance, healthy and safety.
• To develop, recommend and implement policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
• To plan, and sometimes delivering, training, including induction for new staff.
• To identify training and development needs within an organization through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with line managers and human resources department.
• Designing and expanding training and development programs based on both the organization and individual's needs. To coordinate and assist the HR Manager in conducting performance appraisals.
• To produce training materials for in-house courses.
• To manage the delivery of training and development programs and in more senior role devising a training strategy for the organization. .
• To help line managers and trainers solve specific training problems, either on a one to-one basis or in groups.
• To have an understanding of e-Iearning techniques, and where relevant, being involved in the creatior1' and/or delivery of e-Iearning packages.
• To research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and presenting the findings to the HR Manager for more action.
• To conduct seminars in the organization to upgrade staff knowledge with regard to the latest developments in the organization.
• To plan motivational programs to perk up the staff and encourage them to work to their optimum efficiency.
• To keep record of every employee in the organization in conjunction with the HR department and monitor their progress.
Qualification and Experience:
• Holder of Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration.
• At least 3 years of experience in Training and Development section with a reputable organization. Excellent IT skills particularly in Excel and Word processing and management.
• Excellent communication skills, presentation skills, listening, persuasive and work ethics. Good at time management, flexible and agile.
The above position carries attractive remuneration as per The Guardian Limited salary structure and incentive package.
How to Apply:
All applications, with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications with daily contacts. including phone numbers should be forwarded to: Human Resources Manager
The Guardian Ltd
Mikocheni Light Industrial area
P.O. Box 31042,
Dar es Salaam.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.