Job Title: Supply Assistant
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 18th Oct 2013
• Ensure that incoming offshore and locally procured supplies intended for emergency and other country program are properly received, stored and repacked before they are dispatched to final destinations;
• Responsible for the daily follow up with the local suppliers on deliveries as per purchase orders terms and conduct pre-delivery inspection. Recommend and evaluates local suppliers' sources overall performance in terms of product quality and timely delivery;
• Liaise with UNICEF appointed clearing agents, Medical Stores Department and / Government Clearing Agency; and Follow- up on invoices from UNICEF clearing Agents and transporter (s) for correctness and on-forward to respective sections. Follow-up with sections to ensure that payments are effected on time;
• Apply exemption of Customs duties and V AT (Both local and off -shore). Also obtain exemptions of international staff members' personal shipments and vehicles.
• Closely follow-up with concerned Departments so that the exemptions are received on time for timely clearance to avoid the demurrage charges;
• Review the status of outstanding Receipts of Goods in files, prepare the missing Receipts and get them signed by respective department/ office. Maintain an- up-dated database on the status of the shipments and VAT applications and share with the sections through the Supply Manager;
• Provide in-country logistics support for delivery of supplies to other partners as per the request of the program section as well as provide the necessary support to end user monitoring
• Visit the distribution center, the Government's Medical Store Department, the UNICEF appointed clearing agents to conduct check up on the supplies inventory records and reconcile shipments arrival against cleared shipments.
• Take follow up actions to make sure that supplies are dispatched to the beneficiaries;
• Review the status of outstanding Receipts of Goods in files, prepare the missing Receipts and get them signed by respective department! office. Maintain an- up-dated database on the status of the shipments and VAT applications and share with the sections through the Supply Manager;
• Responsible for en uring that government receipts notes are signed and returned to UNICEF after deliveries to the Implementing Partners;
Qualification and Experience
• University degree in Business Administration, Management and courses related to logistics management. Three years of progressively responsible work experience at the national level in supply/logistics management.
• Experience working in the UN or other international development organization, and field work experience will be an asset. Fluency in English and Kiswahili required,
• UNICEF Competencies
• Core Competencies: Communication, Working with People, Drive for Results.
• Functional Competencies: Applying Technical Expertise, Following Instructions and Procedures, Planning and Organizing.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application along with a cover letter, an updated CV and a completed UN Personal History Form, indicating post title/vacancy number to
The Human Resources Manager,
UNICEF Tanzania Country Office,
Dar Es Salaam,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.