Job Title: Strategic Information Officer
Duty Station: Dar es salaam
Application Deadline: 20th Sept 2013
• Providing leadership in managing project results using result-based frameworks and the reporting tools.
• Participate in ministry of health, HMIS and other national activities that relate to the development and adoption of SHR indicators into the national HMIS and reporting system.
• Design and revise appropriate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) processes and tools for sub-grantees and build M&E capacity among project partners and local government departments in the relevant municipalities in Iringa and Dar es salaam.
• Providing leadership in monitoring quality of SHR services through conduct of surveys e.g. exit interviews, mystery clients.
• Provide M&E training an on-going assistance to prpject team and the sub-grantees to ensure quality data collection, transmittal, analysis, use of data for decision making and timely report writing
• Provide leadership and technical guidance for the preparation of annual, semi-annual and other required project reports
• Documentation and dissemination oaf information, assisting developing presentations, abstract, articles etc.
• Proactively work with sub-grantees and manager to prepare performance data for the collected reports.
• Refine project reports ready for submission to the higher authorities and provide timely feedback on the quality and contents to project team and sub-grantees
Qualifications and Experiences:
• Masters degree in public heath or related subject as demography, heath informatics, statistics, epidemiology or equivalent.
• Minimum three(3) years experience in monitoring and evaluation of health, SRH or HIV/AIDS programs
• Skills and experience in M&E capacity building for individuals and organizations
• Previous M&E experience in a result-based model.
• Proficiency in evaluation design and development of indicators
• Good working knowledge of descriptive, inferential and advanced statistics
• Strong qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
How to Apply:
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested, please send in an application letter with a detailed CV indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone number ,names and address of two referees. All correspondence should be directed to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted