Job Title: Service Learning Coordinator
Employer: Haven of Peace Academy (HOPAC)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 31st Dec 2013
• Overseeing and providing vision for the service learning program through all levels of the school, Kindergarten through Grade 12
• Evaluating and advising on the service learning curriculum at every level, in conjunction with the Primary and Secondary Principals
• Ensuring that service learning teachers are in place for each level, providing instructional assistance as necessary
• Identifying and evaluating local opportunities for service within the surrounding community
• Communicating and coordinating with mission personnel within Tanzania regarding service and partnership opportunities
• Overseeing and/or delegating leadership of Service Emphasis Week
Helping in other areas of student life as required by Principal or Director All teachers are expected to:
• Gain a working knowledge of the Cambridge Curriculum.
• Attend staff meetings and in-service training days.
• Pursue professional development through attendance at Cambridge and other courses as directed by school management.
• Follow HOPAC's procedures for professional development of staff through lesson observation and evaluation.
• Committed evangelical Christian
• Fluent in English
• Bachelor degree
• 3 years formal teaching experience if on HOPAC permit; if seconded to HOPAC by mission, more informal teaching experience may be sufficient
• Basic word processing skills
• Basic Kiswahili and familiarity with Tanzanian culture is preferred Haven of Peace Academy (HOPAC) HOPAC serves 315 children in K-12 whose parents are missionaries, full-time Christian service workers (attached to 37 different Christian service or missionary organizations), local or international business people and non-profit workers.