Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Tanzania
Employer: Futures Group
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 15th Sept 2013
International assistance organization seeks to hire a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist for a project funded by USAID under the President’s Emergency Program for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The Position will be stationed in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with travel throughout the country, starting on or about September 15, 2013.
As part of a team working with PEPFAR implementing partners to assess the quality of data reported and strengths and weaknesses in M&E, the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will oversee coordination and implementation of data quality assessments (DQA), support research and evaluation activities and participate in capacity building activities, including the following:
• Organize field work and field teams for the DQAs; develop workshop materials and presentations; and develop new tools and guidance as needed.
• DQA Fieldwork:
• Liaise with the local subcontractor to ensure that all logistics are in place; mentor subcontractor staff conducting fieldwork; coordinate DQA teams: troubleshoot any problems that arise in the field; and perform spot checks of DQA team.
• Analysis and reports: Review all DQA tools for consistency and completeness; assist teams in interpreting the findings; review and edit all DQA reports; summarize findings of DQA.
• Research & Evaluation: provide support and management to research and evaluation activities including support development of questionnaires, manage and supervise data collection teams, coordinate IRB reviews and approval processes, present on research and evaluation studies and findings, and perform any other related tasks as requested.
• M&E capacity building:
• Develop capacity building plans; develop workshop curriculums and implement targeted workshops for partners; provide mentoring to improve partners’ organizational capacity to perform M&E; and assess M&E capacity improvement.
• Community-Based M&E:
• Support other staff to develop and implement participatory community approaches to M&E; revise existing curriculum and tools; support trainings; implement at the community level.
• Other: Develop concept papers for new activities
• Experience in HIV and AIDS service delivery in facility and/or community settings
• Knowledge of/experience with health M&E systems and programming processes in Tanzania, especially in regards to HIV and AIDS
• MA or above in public health, economics, sociology or a related field preferred
• 5+ years of experience in related field
• Ability to communicate technical data to non-technical audiences
• Ability to facilitate M&E capacity building efforts to local NGO
• Experience in using data for policy and decision making a plus
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Excellent inter-personal skill
• Ability to work as a team member
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and familiar with the use of databases
• The ability to work well under moderate pressure and skilled in trouble shooting, crisis management, and problem solving
• Must be available for domestic travel
• Must be conversant in English and Swahili
• Local candidates strongly preferred