Job Title: Sales & Marketing Officer, Events
Employer: Innovatech Ltd
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 18th Sept 2013
Base Salary 200,000 plus 5 % commission
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Producing detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers,
• staffing and budgets);
• Agreeing to and managing a budget;
• Securing and booking a suitable venue or location;
• Coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers,
• Identifying and securing speakers or special guests;
• Planning room layouts and the entertainment programme, scheduling workshops and demonstrations;
• Coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings;
• Selling sponsorship/stand/exhibition
Invent your business future now
Old Bagamoyo Rd. Mayfair Plaza. Inside Mara Launch Pad
Web: http://www.innovatechtz.com, Email: email@example.com
Sales & Marketing Specific
• To create marketing strategies and campaigns and undertake all duties necessary to
deliver such strategies and marketing objectives.
Cold calling to arrange meetings for Managing Director with potential customers to
prospect for new business
• Where appropriate, with other staff, or individually, manage/attend events as a
representative of the event company to build contacts.
• Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries.
• To take responsibility and delivering all aspects of marketing requirements and
building excellent client relations.
• Plan and co-ordinate, liaising with suppliers, to deliver marketing and promotional
material to deadlines.
• Draft and issue press releases, features and editorials for as needed, ensuring that they
are written in a professional manner and to meet relevant deadlines,
• Measuring and analysing activity against targets and building on success
Skills & Attributes
• Ability to deliver and meet all the sales targets
• Sales & Marketing experience will be considered as an added advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and relations
• Well-mannered & ethical
• Excellent communication skills with ability to speak English & Swahili fluently
• Professional telephone manner at all times when dealing with any communications to
How to Apply:
To apply send your cv and cover letter as to why you are suitable for this position at