Job Title: Risk Manager
Employer: AAR Healthcare (Tanzania) Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 25th Sept 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization.
• Risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business.
• Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors.
• Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organization's previous handling of risks;
• Establishing and quantifying the organization's 'risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept;
• Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks;
• Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders:
• Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong;
• Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
• Undertake quarterly monitoring and review of corporate clients and individuals disease profiles
• Lead and develop staff capable of delivering on the mandate of the department
• Ensure resources are effectively and efficiently utilized to deliver desired results by managing departmental performance and budgets
• Ensure that reporting requirements are aligned with regulators and best practice benchmarks with regard to risk
Qualifications and Experience:
• The successful candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Holder of a Degree/an Advanced Diploma or Degree' in field of Risk Management, Actuarial Science or equivalent from a recognised institute of higher learning.
• At least 2 years experience in Risk Management field.
• Analytical skills and ability to deal with multiple tasks.
• Good communication & presentation skills.
• Strong people development and leadership skills
How to Apply:
Applicants are requested to enclose application letter, detailed CV together with copies of relevant academic certificates and send to the:
Human Resources Manager
AAR Insurance (Tanzania) Ltd
Plot # 1, I Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd/Chato St/Regent Estate
P.O. Box 9600
Dar es Salaam.