Job Title: Project Assistant - (KILINDI DISTRICT)
Duty Station: Dar es salaam
Application Deadline: 20th Sept 2013
• Assist in developing, planning and implementing SRHR activities in the line with the project work plans.
• Assist in developing/adapting relevant IEC/BCC materials to support field activities.
• Working in conjunction with the relevant government and county departments and other partners to plan and supervise the implementation of the project activities.
• Assisting in advocating for direct poverty alleviation through SRHR services, comprehensive sexuality education and reduction of sexual and gender based violence(SGBV)
• Supporting capacity building of nomadic girls, boys, women and men on effects of FGC and adoption of new ways of abandoning the practice through ARP approach
• Network with relevant partners(MoHSW, NGOs, CBOs, FBOs, and Youth Groups etc) to strengthen partnership in eliminating the FGC practice.
• Participating in continuous monitoring and evaluation through quality data collection, analyzing and dissemination.
• The ideal candidate should posses a diploma, or first degree in social sciences or its equivalent with relevant experience of working with nomadic pastoral societies.
• Minimum of three (3) years relevant work in a busy NGO working in pastoral communities.
• Deeper understanding of Maaasai cultures especially those dealing sexuality
• Experience in project management, community mobilization and community development essentials
• The candidate must be ICT proficiency and strong analytical, problem-solving and networking skills
• Should be a team prayer and a good communicator
• Applicants from nomadic communities will be given priority.
How to Apply:
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested, please send in an application letter with a detailed CV indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone number ,names and address of two referees. All correspondence should be directed to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted