Job Title: Project Accountant –One Post
Employer: Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th Sept 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To prepare payment vouchers.
• To prepare cash books.
• To do Bank Reconciliation
• To prepare financial progress reports.
• To prepare Trial Balance.
• To prepare Journal Vouchers (JVs) and ledger books.
• To keep records of transactions and reconcile them with cash balance.
• To receive and keep proper custody of all bills, invoices and other claims pending for payments:
• To prepare petty cash payment vouchers and accounts documents
• To issue receipts and keep in safe custody all accounts and supporting documents pending audit scrutiny
• To dispatch letters and other documents relating to accounts issues to the bank.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Imprest Accounting Officer (lAO) or Imprest Administrator (IA).
Qualifications and experience:
• Holder of Degree/Advanced Diploma in Finance or Accounting from a recognized institution.
• One year experience in Finance or Accounting from reputable organization.
• Experience in project environment is an added advantage.
• Computer skills are essential.
• Age limit
• Not above 35 years old.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their hand written application letters attached with copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV). The CV must incorporate contact details Including telephone numbers, email addresses and three referees with their telephone numbers and addresses to:
Tanzania Bureau of Standards
P. O. Box 9524