Job Title: Programme Manager, Education
Employer: Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Duty Station: Lindi
Application Deadline: 27th Sept 2013
• Effectively lead, manage, and mentor the education sector team
• Guide and manage annual work planning, budgeting, reporting and implementation of SESEA
• Collaborate with ward, district and regional education offices for implementation of SESEA
• Oversee the implementation of performance monitoring framework (PMF) of SESEA and establish a regular mechanism of tracking progress •
• Identify implementation challenges and recommend solutions, and develop and maintain excellent, cooperative relationships with all partners;
• Develop synergies of education activities with SESEA partners and other CRSPT intervention
• A post-graduate degree, preferably in education or social development, with practical experience in programme/project management.
• A minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience, with at least 3 years of direct experience in managing a project or programme;
• Extensive knowledge of the Tanzanian education sector;
• Familiarity with grant management, including preparation and monitoring of budgets; Demonstrated capacity to write results-based and donor reports;
• Knowledge of Tanzanian context - government administration, legal and fiscal policy etc. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead a team
• Excellent written and verbal English and Kiswahili language skills. Willingness to work in Lindi, Tanzania
How to Apply;
All interested applicants are requested to submit their CVs (not exceeding 3 pages), including contact details for three professional references, and a covering letter explaining why they are best suited for the particular position:
Aga Khan Foundation Office,
P.O. Box 125,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.