Job Title: Program Officer -Research
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 30th Sept 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Centrally manage, maintain and coordinate the following contracts:
• Collaborative research
• Visiting fellows
• Manage commissioned study processes from proposal. selection, and contracts to reporting. See the detailed processes below. The officer may also be called upon to undertake specific tasks to facilitate implementation of projects.
• Build up a data bank of research associates and consultants
• Participate in development of concept notes and terms of reference for various research assignments as an input to the contracts;
• Maintain and standardize contract templates to ensure ToRs are written in a SMART way.
• Act as the first line support to con-tract management and ensure contractors abide to the ToR.
• Participate in review/evaluation of research proposals and/or in identification of reviewers of various research proposals under window one;
• Participate in needs identification for strengthening the capacity of various stakeholders for REPOA and the related research agenda relevant to REPOA such as the civil society organizations and other organizations working with grassroots to carry out poverty analysis and research aiming at social change
• Participate in preparation of work plans and budgets for various programs;
• Representing REPOA in various forums as may be required to do so from time to time;
• Undertake publications in the relevant areas of specialization
Qualifications and Mode of Engagement:
• Applicants must be holders of at least a Master's degree or equivalent qualifications with proven ability or interest in research.
• Must demonstrate quantitative research skills, have excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
• Must have the ability to set priorities and handle competing time and resource demands, have ability to work independently and as a team member.
• The Program Officer will initially be engaged on a two-year contract with the possibility of renewal upon satisfactory performance.
How to Apply:
All qualified applicants are welcome to apply and should send their typed application letter and detailed CV including three referees to:
The Executive Director,
REPOA 157 Mgombani Street, Regent Estate
P.O. Box 33223,
Dar es Salaam
REPOA is an equal opportunity employer.
Only applicants who meet requirements will be considered for an interview.