Job Title: Short Term- Program Assistant
Employer: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 13th Sept 2013
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental agency,
specializing in relief and community development activities through its partners. The
agency provides equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, gender,
religion or disability.
• Coordinate the logistics including travel, hotel booking and transport for field
• and town trips for LEAD and Program staff.
• Handle logistics for meetings and trainings organized by LEAD and
• Programming Departments including reserving the venue and preparing and
• distributing agendas and minutes.
• Attend LEAD and CRS/TZ Program meetings, take notes, and prepare minutes
• to share with participants.
• Prepare invitations and correspondences for church partners, government,
• donors, etc.
• Schedule appointments and meetings with church partners, government,
• donors, etc.
• Coordinate the submission of reports by LEAD partners (trip and training
• reports and health facility reports). Conduct the initial analysis of the reports.
• Flag missing reports and follow up with appropriate staff.
• Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems and ensure quality recording
• standards are met for LEAD and CRS/TZ Programs.
• Create and maintain a resource center of information for LEAD and CRS/TZ
• Ensure project sub-agreements are signed by the Country Representative and
• submitted to partners on time; file all signed sub-agreements and share copies
• with internal CRS/TZ departments (i.e. Finance).
• Support finance in tracking partner advances and liquidation documents in
• collaboration with the Program Officers.
• Act as a link between LEAD and other consortium members and ensure strong
• relationships and modes of communication.
• Maintain updated contact information for LEAD and CRS/TZ Program staff as
• well as consortium members and partners.
• Maintain an updated calendar for LEAD and CRS/TZ Program activities. Page 2
• Assist in procurements and supplies for LEAD and CRS/TZ Program and
• follow up with the CRS/TZ Procurement Department.
• Coordinate activities and schedules between LEAD and other CRS/TZ
• Upload LEAD and Programming documents to CRS/TZ Global intranet space.
• Assist Program Managers to document best practices and lessons learned for
• marketing and business development purposes.
• Assist with proposal development processes.
• Assist the Business Development Specialist to create and publish marketing
• materials for internal and external use.
• Monitor certain websites/publications for relative information and provide
• feedback to Program Managers.
• Order supplies and equipment as needed.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Chief of Party, Head of Programs, Senior Program Managers, Program Officers,
Country Representative, Finance and Administration staff in Dar, Mwanza, and
CRS/TZ Program partners, LEAD Consortium Members, R/CMHTs, other
government officials, donors, and GOT authorities.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Management or related areas.
• Programming experience is highly preferable.
• Two years of experience in program or office and administration management.
• Demonstrated progressive responsibility.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Experience in drafting reports and meeting minutes.
• Computer literate (particularly in MS Office, internet and email).
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
This is an office based post with occasional travel (less than 10% of time) to field.
How to Apply:
Please send the CV and application letter to:
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 34701
Catholic Relief Services
Dar es Salaam.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org