Job Title: PMTCT Supply Chain Advisor
Employer: John Snow, Inc.
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 13th Sept 2013
The Supply Chain Advisor for PMTCT will be employed by John Snow, Inc. (JSI) on the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project and embedded at National PMTCT program offices for technical support in the procurement, storage, distribution, monitoring and evaluation of all health commodities supporting provision of the PMTCT services medical supplies, laboratory related supplies, and other products as needed. She/he will work closely with the PMTCT Program Manager, and JSI/SCMS, RHMTs and CHMTs and Medical Stores Department (MSD) to reinforce the supply chain system to guarantee the continuous flow of quality products and information oriented toward performance and cost effectiveness, all of which will result in medicines and reagents for PMTCT supplies delivery improvements.
Specific duties and tasks may include but are not limited to the following:
As JSI Employee
• Develop strategies for effective implementation of procurement, storage, distribution, monitoring and evaluation supply chain activities gearing in improving availability of PMTCT medicines and reagents
• Coordinate and ensure good communication with timely feedback to Program manager, zonal Supply Chain Monitoring Advisors (SCMAs), MSD, Diagnostics Unit, Pharmaceutical Supplies Section and SCMS.
• Coordinate with other stake holders including Implementing partners on areas of supplies availability, usages/consumption at Central and zonal levels.
• Assess and develop capacity building programs all geared improving commodity availability at PMTCT sites
• Build capacity of the health care workers to ensure sustainability and ownership for the availability of PMTCT commodities this may include participating in development of training materials, conducting actual training and post training supportive supervision and any other technical meetings
• Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly supply chain performance reports to the program and facilitate its distribution to relevant stakeholders
• Prepare annual work-plans and budgets and ensure smooth implementation of all activities.
• Coordinate and supervise annual facility supportive supervision work plans as well as implement them all geared to improving logistics system performance
• Coordinate key stakeholders which may include but not limited to MSD, PSS, TFDA, MOHSW-Diagnostic Unit, and SCMS to address all supply chain issues including funding mobilization for PMTCT commodities
• Participate and or develop implementable strategies for improving rational use of PMTCT drugs as well as work with TFDA and SCMS to develop/ strengthen adverse drug reaction reporting mechanisms
• Collaborate with LMU to oversee and provide technical guidance to the PMTCT SCMA who will be working in the regions to oversee PMTCT commodities. - If the proposal passes
• Provide inputs to the PMTCT programs to ensure targets for PMTCT coverage are achieved.
• Provide guidance in developing monitoring system to measure the performance of the supply chain of PMTCT commodities in the country.
• Work with PMTCT team to ensure smooth implementation of the activities as they relate to commodity management.
• Collaborate with Pharmaceutical Services Section, Diagnostics Services Section, and Vertical Programs:
- Participating in the selection of items to be procured by MSD
- Working with MOHSW units, MSD and SCMS on quantification of PMTCT drugs related laboratory reagents, and other health related supplies.
- Ensuring the products being brought into the country are registered with the appropriate authority (TFDA, PHLB) and of the desired quality through MSD established procedures.
- Monitoring Commodities shelf life to avoid expiry of products in storage facilities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor at SCMS in consultation with the MSD
• Work with MSD in:
- Ensuring that program drugs and related supplies procured and received, maintained at appropriate stock levels and distributed to the health facilities timely and in accordance to laid out procedures by MSD and the program.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• A postgraduate degree in pharmacy, medicine, public health or health systems administration or management is highly desirable
• Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex task teams
• Knowledge and skills and experience in operational management required
• Seven or more years experience in health service delivery and/or logistics management
• Experience monitoring, critically analyzing and reporting on operational performance
• Experience with international donor-funded projects desirable
• Previous work experience with USAID-funded projects desirable
• Familiarity with data-collection methods and strategies preferred
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
• Ability and willingness to travel in-country for field work activities
• Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
• Suitable computer skills with spread sheet, word processing and other software, preferably Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Able to travel for an extended period of time away from the duty station to support technical activities.
• Able to travel internationally to attend trainings and conferences as needed.
A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate for the above positions basing on qualification, experience and salary history.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of 3 work related references. Online application is highly encouraged on the following link below.
Human Resource Manager
John Snow, Inc.
Plot No. 392,
Toure Drive, Masaki
P.O .Box 9263
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.