Job Title: Program Officer MOHSW - PharmAccess Stepwise Certification/Accreditation Project
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline: 12th Sept 2013
• The successful candidate will become a key member of a team that coordinates and ensures timely
• Implementation of activities outlined in the work-plan for establishing a stepwise certification process.
• This involves working closely with other departments of MOHSW, regional and council health management teams and core QI stakeholders in developing a functional certification/accreditation system for MOHSW.
• He/she will also be a member of the MOHSW Secretariat stepwise certification towards accreditation.
• After being trained as a facilitator/surveyor:-
• Participate in carrying out SateCare Entry and Certification Assessment including capturing and reviewing the assessment data and reporting
• Coordinate and liaise with stakeholders to ensure timely implementation of planned activities
• Support the development of quality improvement plans for the health facilities
• Regular monitoring of progress towards achieving the planned activities and providing technical support to facilities
• Participate in the training and mentoring of facilitators, provision of training on quality improvement and technical assistance to facilities
Qualification, Knowledge and Skills:
• Degree Medical field e.g. Medicine, Nursing, Laboratory, Pharmacy or any related science from a recognized institution. A postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 3 years field experience working at a hospital level
• Good knowledge of the Health system in the country including the private sector
• Demonstrated skills on the concepts of quality improvement approaches in health care
• Computer literacy including use of Microsoft office suite, databases and web applications Capable of interacting professionally and constructively with different levels of the health system from national to facility level
• Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills, ability to work effectively with different levels of professional cadres
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili Self driven, initiative taking professionalism is an asset for this position Ability and willingness to travel covering all regions of Tanzania
• Managing, archiving of assessment data and the assessment certification process
How to Apply:
PharmAccess is an equal opportunities employer and these positions are open to all, but all qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter to:
Human Resource Department
P. O. Box 635
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.