Job Title: Pediatric HIV Program Manager
Employer: Walter Reed Program
Duty Station: Mbeya
Application Deadline: 27th Sept 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates the management of Pediatric HIV and EID activities and program components within the zone
• Coordinates the planning, initiation and implementation of Early Infant Diagnosis program and integration of Early Infant Diagnosis with HIV Pediatric Care and Treatment program including PMTCT
• Provide technical support to implementing partners in planning, budgeting and supervision for pediatric HIV and Care activities
• Responsible for the design, implementation, coordination, and evaluation and a broad range of agency-funded Pediatric program activities , initiatives and studies required to implement the President’s Emergency Plan for aids Relief (PEPFAR) in the zone
• To contribute to training and mentorship of DOD and site staff in Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment
• To assist in program monitoring and evaluation in Pediatric HIV care and treatment
• With Regional Health Management teams (RHMT), Council Health Management Teams (CHMT) and Hospital Management Teams (HMT), design and implement innovative strategies for improving the quality of Pediatric HIV and EID services
• Work closely with Walter Reed M&E team to ensure monthly reporting of Pediatric HIV and EID indicators.
• Participate in the preparation of documents, reports, pediatric HIV Care and Support related policies and activities.
• Facilitate and coordinate Quality Improvement activities/initiatives in HIV care and treatment programs in the Southern Highland zone
• Travel to the sites to oversee program implementation (travel up to 50% of the time in the field)
• Represent Walter Reed Program at national and international meetings on Pediatric HIV Care and Support when needed
• Coordinate GBV activities within HIV care and treatment programs in the Southern Highland zone.
• Participate in the Zonal RCH meetings to strengthen the integration of Pediatric HIV care with the National goals.
• Other relevant duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Medical degree preferably with Masters in Public Health (MPH) or similar degree
• Minimum three years’ experience working with HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs.
• Experience with Pediatric HIV programming
• Clinical experience of pediatric HIV medicine
• Strong supervisory and management skills
• Proven interpersonal skills in working effectively as a member of a team or independently
• Ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with multiple government agencies, non-governmental organizations, faith-based organizations, and the private sector
• Proven verbal and written communication skills including a demonstrated ability to write technical documents and give state-of-the-art presentations
• Willingness to travel in Southern highlands up to 50% of the time
• Fluency in Kiswahili and English
How to Apply:
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or e-mailed to; email@example.com.
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE.
Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications
Walter Reed Program is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.