Job Title: Organizing Officers – 3 Posts
Employer: Tanzania Mines, Energy, Construction and Allied Workers Union (TAMICO)
Duty Station: Mbeya, Dar es salaam, Mwanza
Application Deadline: 30th Sept 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To prepare organising material for promoting workers awareness in Union matters,
• In collaboration with the Zonal and District Secretaries to plan for the organizing and recruitment work in the union
• To organise, recruit and represent, link and give backstopping services to the members. To ensure members registers are maintained at Zone and district levels and members information are submitted to the head office periodically
• To make follow up on members contribution from Zones and Districts To Contribute to the Collective Bargaining Process in work places To maintain members register according to TAMICO sectors
• To promote workers participation in gender sensitization seminars and workshops,
• To incorporate organising issues in all negotiations leading to agreements in industrial relations,
• To advice management on the best ways and means to promote workers' benefits,
• To make follow up of the members fees and reconcile with the update members register,
• To coordinate organising work of TAMICO from branch to national levels,
• To Prepare, analyze and compile periodic reports from districts and advise the Zonal Secretary.
• Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Social Welfare Studies, Labour Laws or Equivalent.
• Political Science,
• Good communication in spoken and written Kiswahili and English. Good judgment, analytical and conceptual skills
• Good interpersonal and demonstrate ability to work independently
• Experience in union and social work activities and dispute resolution will be added advantage.
How to Apply:
Please send CV and cover letter with three work related referees, including copies of certificates to the address:
Tanzania Mines, Energy, Construction and Allied Workers Union (TAMICO)
P. O. Box 72136,
Dar es Salaam.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview