Job Title: Operations Manager
Employer: Liberty International Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 30th Sept 2013
• Check and verify shipping records, handle questions or concerns of shipping shortages or overages and address problems with inventory control.
• Interface cross-functionally at all levels within the divisions of the company, including communication with offshore/subsidiary management, external resources and concerns, such as freight forwarders, third party providers and governmental agencies.
• Act as logistics facilitator to ensure that all elements of the domestic and international distribution process are coordinated to meet customer requirements in a timely and high quality.
• Meet or exceed established goals relative to on-time delivery and shipping accuracy performance for customer shipments
• Keep stock control systems up to date and planning future capacity requirements.
• Ensure proper compliance and adherence to Export /Import Administration Regulations.
• May oversee short duration projects relating to transportation, logistics, export regulations, and related functions.
• Oversees warehousing activities to ensure processes and procedures are understood and followed; oversees warehouse compliance for inventory management, cycle counting, product handling, and other services as required.Monitoring the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods;
• 9 Liaising and negotiating with customers and suppliers and issuing them with quotations both on local and transit basis
• Allocating, managing and motivating staff resources according to changing needs;
• Developing business by gaining new contracts, analyzing logistical problems and producing new solutions .A self-starter.
• Any other duties assigned by the directors
Similar Experience in the Same Industry Is a Must
How to Apply:
Send your CV and application letter to:
Liberty International Co. Ltd
1st Floor, Plot No 430/158,
Nkrumah street, Near Clock tower,
Dar es Salaam,