Job Title: Construction Engineer
Employer: Walter Reed Program
Duty Station: Mbeya
Application Deadline: 27th Sept 2013
• Oversees all construction/renovation activities across WRP and its partners;
• Prepares, reviews/interprets engineering drawings, specifications and other design documents; understand project design basis and contractual requirements;
• Develops construction specifications, scope of work, cost estimates etc;
• Prepares daily and weekly construction reports as required from time to time;
• Prepares and presents architecture drawings, construction and building designs, bill of quantities and project progress report to the Management and Clients;
• Creates, updates and maintains a variety of project controls that track the status of: individual projects or task orders, changes to projects or task orders, RFI, shop drawings and submittal, matters involving quality controls, safety, financial performance, close-out and other aspects of the project(s) or task order(s);
• Proactively identifies issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions;
• Develops an understanding of how to maintain and require compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project to prevent rework and delays;
• Provides timely and cordial interactions with supporting work groups, such as Finance, Procurement, HR, etc;
• Participates in managing activities that are related to project closeout to ensure timely completion;
• Oversees and monitors constructors and subcontractors to ensure quality and compliance to HJFMRI construction standards;
• Performs field walk downs/inspections to review the work for conformance with the design drawings, applicable codes/standards and company policies/procedures.
• Prepare punch-list;
• Prepares/answers request for Information/clarification, Field Change Requests and Field Work Order Requests;
• Proactively identifies potential problems in the field; develop alternatives; arrive at optimum solution, means to mitigate problems.
Qualification and Experience:
• Advanced Diploma/Degree/Postgraduate in Civil Engineering, Architecture or other related field;
• Working Experience and knowledge of construction methods of not less than three years;
• Should have a strong ability on issues related to Construction, renovation, and other issues related to buildings/infrastructure.
• Must be of high integrity;
• Possess good report writing skills;
• Ability to provide, technical advice to management;
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft office programs and AutoCAD and ability to employ computerized systems to schedule work;
• Possess good organization and planning skills;
• Insightful, organized, diligent, analytical, ability to produce results, trustworthy, assertive;
• Should be able to perform assigned work with no direct supervision;
• Ability to take initiative and work under pressure with limited supervision.
How to Apply:
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or e-mailed to; email@example.com.
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE.
Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications
Walter Reed Program is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.