Employer: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatricaids Foundation(EGPF)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 6th Sept 2013
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Tracking of all program activities on weekly/monthly and lor quarterly basis to make sure that all program units adhere to work plan.
• Routine data collection both quantitative and qualitative for routine program tracking. Provision of routine constructive feedback on RCH/MNCH program performance toward target in both EGPAF and sub grantees
• Tracking of all program activities especially RCH/MNCH programs in the country office and support field office M&E to do the same and recording ensuring that they are within the time frame and in line with the program goals and objectives
• Support RCH/MNCH coordinator on day to day monitoring of program and reporting
• Monitoring and evaluation capacity building to sub grantees staffs as well as EGPAF staffs at filed office.
• Train (on job and formal training) facility staff and other site staffs on RCH/MNCH/PMTCT site data management.
• Capacity building of site and EGPAF staffs on M&E techniques, and strengthen and encourage the data use for decision making process
• Conducting Joint Supportive Supervision(JSS) and mentorship as part of capacity building strategies to FO staff, sub-grantees and sites staff
• Report collection, compilation, and submission to EGPAF Country office, HQ, donors and other stakeholders;
• In collaboration with FO M&E and technical staff, Support the sub-grantees to make sure that all monthly/Quarterly HMIS reports focusing on RCH are submitted to DRCHCO, DACC, RACC and MoHSW (NACP) in time and complete manner.
• Making sure that all program quarterly reports (C& t, RCH-MNCH/PMTCT-EID, TB/HIV, Lab, PITC) are reported in time and in a required quality.
• Work closely and provide technical support to regional data assistant in all matters concerning data management at EGPAF, sub grantees and site level, especially DHIS2 data management.
• Work with HMIS unit of MoHSW and district HMIS focal person to strengthen the DHIS2 and DHIS data use at district and site level
• Reviewing of all reporting tool used b'y EGPAF or its sub grantees where necessary
• Critically review of data collection tools used at EGPAF, supported districts and health facilities as required or where necessary.
• Support or provide advice in improving these tools.
• Streamline the process of data collection to simplify and fasten the production of reports
• Glaser database and other database use for program M&E.
• To assure that data entry in the Glaser/DHIS and Knowledge Management System(KMS) is done timely, accurate and complete, in collaboration and supporting other field staffs who are involved in this activity.
• To produce several standard reports from the Glaser KMS for use in decision making and dissemination of lesson learnt as well as program performance to different stakeholders. Support the management and administration of EID and DHIS2 databases.
Meeting and workshop to represent foundation:
• Participate actively in internal or external meetings concerning M&E and other project activities as delegated by the M&E manager/Senior Manager SI&E or RCH coordinator with various stakeholders, including the MOH, CDC, USAID and other stakeholders; assume representational responsibilities when asked;
• Evaluation and use of data of the program at country and field office to inform management of proper decision making process:
• Work with technical especially RCH/MNCH staff in setting, monitoring and achieving
• Work closely with technical staff to support research and targeted evaluations; through involvement in proposal development, developing tools for research and research techniques.
• Involve in report writing and dissemination of research results (through abstract submission in different conferences) after conducting the research.
• Support research technical staff to design and implement qualitative or formative research to compliment quantitative data collected.
Assist and support Quality Improvement activities:
• Work closely with technical staff to support quality improvement activities;
• Assist FO and CO staff to perform QI performance measurement to all sites with QI project when time is due.
• Assist QI Capacity building to site staffs.
• Assist Quarterly report analysis and report to PC QI on performed activities, challenges and lesson learnt concerning QI.
• Any other responsibilities as assigned by the M&E Manager;
• All above mentioned roles and responsibilities will be executed under the leadership of the M&E (responsible for the overall leadership of EGPAF Tanzania's M&E activities).
Required Education, Skills & Abilities
• A degree in Health Sciences, or any field providing the essential skills and experience relevant for this position;
• Degree in bio/statistics and public health with experience in reproductive and child health.
• Training and experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and the development of M&E tools; preferably of RCH/MNCH and HIV& AIDS interventions or a related field.
• Experience in developing and conducting training;
• Previous experience in program management; preferably under US Government regulations;
• Previous reporting experience to US Government is an added advantage;
• Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages (Outlook, Internet, Word, Excel & power point) and preferably knowledge of statistical packages like STATA, SPSS and EPI-info; use of databases.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 40% in-country.
How to Apply:
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and these positions are open to all, but only Qualified candidates should submit a CV and Internal Employee Interest Form.
Submissions may be sent to:
Human Resource Manager, :GPAF,
P.0. BOX 1628,
Oysterbay, Haile Selasie Road Plot # 8 & 10, Dar es Salaam,