Job Title: Principle Officer- Metallurgical Engineer
Employer: National Development Corporation (NDC)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 23rd Sept 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• In general the Metallurgical Engineer will conduct studies of the properties and characteristics of metals and other non-metallic materials and plan, design and develop machinery and processes to concentrate, extract, refine and process metals, alloys and other materials such as ceramics, semiconductors and composite materials. The duties and responsibilities for the engineer are;
• Review and analyse projects and use various qualitative devices to ensure constant development of same.
• Design/develop and or analyse process flow diagrams and charts for mineral component separation/extraction;
• Assesses processes for their relevance, and assesses the adequacy of engineering equipment;
• Maintain and classify all data and perform regular analysis of same to resolve issues
• Participates in designs, installation and commissioning new production units, monitoring modifications and upgrades, and troubleshooting existing processes and ensures optimal level of quality assurance;
• Assesses the availability of raw materials and the safety and environmental impact of the plant;
• Coordinates sample collection, preparation and conducting laboratory test and analysis;
• Makes observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved:
• Develop plans for installation and upgrade of processing/extraction plants
• Ensures continuous improvement of all plant in terms of productivity and technical reliability;
• Collaborate with partners and other stakeholders to ensure compliance to all environmental and safety procedures of plant operations;
• Assist Head of the Project to prepare appropriate project plans and budget, and ensure adherence to same;
• Review plans and budget for better implementation of the projects including report preparation of the implemented projects;
• Work with various departments, identify development opportunities and design strategies for improvement.
• Prepare/develop plans to perform investigation on process for quality sustainability
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management/ Director of Heavy Industry from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Holder of a good Bachelor Degree in metallurgy/ Chemical/ Process Engineering or equivalent qualification with four (4) years relevant experience in project management and coordination.
• Good knowledge of ICT applications to related field is important.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should forward their Application Letter, CV (detailed resume) stating age, qualifications, experience, e-mail address, daytime telephone contact and names and addresses of three referees to:
P. 0 BOX 2669
Dar Es Salam