Job Title: Malaria Program Training Officer
Employer: Water Reed Program-Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 10th Sept 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate training activities in collaboration with partners and funding organizations' requirements.
• Organize WRP initiated training programs
• Performing needs assessments to identify WRP priorities
• Preparation and implementation of an annual training program schedule Contact training coordinators and/or different partner organizations to plan for trainings as per scheduled program time lines.
• Contact training coordinators and line managers to determine the location, time, facilities for training. In collaboration with training coordinators prepare all tools for training.
• Provide in situ support for day to day activities. Responsibility to ensure all administrative requirements are met including attendance records, receipt and payment management for trainers and trainees.
• Preparation of professionally presented course handouts, manage training materials stipulated by regulations and review training materials periodically.
• Prepare and maintain records of all training activities.
• As appropriate analyze pre- and post-training results and prepare impact analysis reports.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• A graduate with practical experience in training, evaluation and monitoring.
• Minimum of three years of coordination experience including a training component.
• Good understanding of adult education principles and practice. Specialist andragogy training would be an advantage.
• Excellent communication, both written and oral. and presentation skills. Strong PC skills to include proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint (data entry and data management skills will be an advantage.)
• Ability to operate related computer software and training equipment including VCR/DVD player, LCD and/or overhead projector, and other related training aids.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines.
• Facilitation, course delivery or other public speaking experience will be an advantage.
• Previous experience as an Executive Assistant before, with a training component will be an added advantage.
• Willingness and ability to travel within Tanzania as WRP training activities are frequently conducted outside of Dar es Salaam.
• Professionalism in appearance and attitude is a must.
• He/ She must be self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Send your Cover letters applications and CV to:
Human Resources Manager,
P.O. 80x 6396.
Walter Reed Program is an equal opportunity employer